Hibiscus?

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in countries outside the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
KTwilliams

Hibiscus?

Post by KTwilliams » 21 Feb 2024, 03:50

First time poster. I live in SE Asia and have two Cherry Heads on their way to me. I am planning an outdoor enclosure and so I am trying to identify all the plants near their enclosure to make sure they're safe. Google lens keeps tell me this is Hibiscus it's not the 5 petal flower I've seen. Anyone want to identify this for me or confirm it's hibiscus?

Nina

Re: Hibiscus?

Post by Nina » 21 Feb 2024, 09:34

Hi Kyle,

Your photo of the plant didn't upload. You need to click on the Attachment tab, then on Add Files, and then Place Inline. It won't take photos in high resolution, so you have to reduce it in size -- here are more detailed instructions on how to upload photos: http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site ... hp?f=4&t=3
If it doesn't work for you, then just send me your photo ( nina@thetortoisetable.org.uk ) and I will reduce it in size and post it on this thread for you.

Best,
Nina

KTwilliams

Post by KTwilliams » 21 Feb 2024, 23:41

Sorry, Here is a picture. Figuring out the new forum. [attachment=0]IMG_5733.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_5733.JPG

lin

Post by lin » 22 Feb 2024, 01:16

Hi Kyle
Your flower is a Mediterranean Hibiscus, one of the multi or double flowered variety and tortoises love them, both leaves and flowers.
Here is our entry for it.
https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/pla ... nt=711&c=4

Lin

KTwilliams

Post by KTwilliams » 22 Feb 2024, 03:53

Thanks Lin.