A few IDs please :)

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
tmorterlaing

A few IDs please :)

Post by tmorterlaing » 12 Nov 2017, 11:04

Hi all, apologies if these are easy but I always want to be super certain as I don't trust my Tortoise's judgement!
[attachment=0]IMG_0840.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMG_0839.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]IMG_0838.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg

Nina

Re: A few IDs please :)

Post by Nina » 12 Nov 2017, 11:45

Hi,
I'm not completely sure about the first two photos (hopefully Lin or someone else will come in and ID those), but the third photo is of a hardy geranium (although it should be losing its leaves as the cold weather comes in). It is perfectly edible and your tortoise should enjoy it.
Here is our entry for it:
http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/plan ... gg0HYhpGM8

nina

lin

Re: A few IDs please :)

Post by lin » 12 Nov 2017, 11:56

The second photo with the line of fuzzy leaves I think are young wild Burdock and a no feed.
Agree with Nina with the hardy Geranium .
We would need to know if the top photo is from a tree seedling or a low growing plant. Is the stem hard and woody like?. It does look like a sapling so have a look further afield to see if there is a bigger tree the seed could have blown from and sprouted.
Lin