Common plants around this time of year

Use this forum to ask about plants which are not currently in our database or any other plant questions you have.
Crazytorts

Common plants around this time of year

Post by Crazytorts » 04 Oct 2022, 15:18

Hi,

I love the app and have been using it for a while but I'm still not very confident in my id skills. I'm in Kildare in Ireland which is just below Dublin but more countryside so lots of good wild plants. I'd guess we have most of what would be in England. If anyone collecting right now could let me know what they're mostly getting it would help me narrow down what I'm looking for. I also have a big organic garden with lots of good weeds but my horsfields are indoors now so I have to collect it. Thanks in advance

Nina

Re: Common plants around this time of year

Post by Nina » 19 Oct 2022, 14:15

Hi Crazytorts, and many apologies for being so late in responding to your post! We discovered last night that the system that automatically notifies us of new posts stopped functioning in mid-September, and we are only now responding to them!

I'm so glad that you find the app useful, and you're right that as the year starts coming to an end some plants are harder to find. At the moment I still have lots of plantain in my garden, Sowthistles are still around,smooth Hawksbeard, violets,Cat's Ear, and dandelions too. I also have the low-growing campanula, musk mallow and some evening primroses left.

Do use the filter tool on the website? You can use it to produce lists of plants that are edible (but filtering out the ones with amber-red or red 'traffic lights', and this can be useful. Instructions are here https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/pla ... 0_32EzMIZY -- just scroll down to the 'How to Use the Traffic Lights' section.

Hope that helps and many apologies for such a late response (we are really cross that our website hosts let us down and accidentally disabled the automatic notification system.

Nina