Weighing new hatchling!

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
KTwilliams

Weighing new hatchling!

Post by KTwilliams » 28 Feb 2024, 04:26

I wanted to share a photo of my new arrivals at their first weigh in. They hatched out on Valentine's Day 2024. They arrived to me about 2 weeks after. I am getting into a rhythm with them. Feeding, soaking, planting the yard with edibles. Fortunately I already had some hibiscus and other foods growing in the yard. Currently they are in a covered plastic tote which I'll post later. I have been putting them in an outdoor enclosure during the day but our night time temps are still dropping to the 60's so they come in. They are precious. [attachment=0]IMG_5885.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_5885.jpg

lin

Re: Weighing new hatchling!

Post by lin » 29 Feb 2024, 00:40

Hi KT, thanks for contacting us with a photo of your lovely tortoise, am I right in thinking it’s a Redfoot ? Where abouts, what country are you in to be having those night time temps. I know it’s not England. 😂
It’s nice to have the hibiscus, they love those flowers and leaves and they are on the green list. Just incase you haven’t seen our entry it’s here: https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/pla ... nt=237&c=4
And the Redfoot caresheet can be found here if you need it and it will give you info about the suitable day and night temps.
https://www.tortoise-protection-group.o ... il2018.pdf

If there is anything else we can help you with please just let us know.

Lin

Nina

Re: Weighing new hatchling!

Post by Nina » 29 Feb 2024, 10:28

Hi Kyle,

Isn't this little one gorgeous! What are their names? Lin, Kyle lives in Thailand, so we can envy him that lovely climate. Would love to see a photo of your outdoor and indoor enclosures. Those little cherryheads are going to be so happy that you've welcomed them into your home.

Nina