New outdoor enclosure pic!

Use this forum to discuss any aspect of tortoise housing and enclosures. Upload and show pictures of your set ups (enclosures).
Sparky

New outdoor enclosure pic!

Post by Sparky » 30 Apr 2024, 19:24

Hi everyone, just thought I'd share a pic of Teeny Titan's summer house! :D

It's an adapted veg trug so not the most enormous outdoor space which is a shame, but it's better than no outdoor space! We went for this as we needed something off the ground as we have a dog and we also won't be staying in our current house for very long so wanted something we can (hopefully) take with us when we move. Teeny is still fairly small so it should do for a couple of years!

Let me know your thoughts and please share pics of your outdoor tortoise spaces, it's always great to get some inspiration!

Thanks Sarah
Attachments
20240430_181431.jpg
20240430_181130.jpg

lin

Re: New outdoor enclosure pic!

Post by lin » 30 Apr 2024, 20:08

That’s so cute Sarah and I am sure Titan will be delighted with the freedom of the outdoors. Love how he can’t see outside but he has the feel of space. Well done to the designer who deserves a degree in enclosure design.

Lin

Nina

Post by Nina » 30 Apr 2024, 20:46

Sarah, that is a brilliant little outdoor enclosure -- so much interest and variety -- I'm sure he loves it, and you've done a great job.

Did you have lots of sunshine today? We had loads here for the first time in ages, and mine were loving it outdoors (they've been quite grumpy stuck indoors for so long). I'll try and dig out some photos of my outdoor enclosure, but I've got a lot going on over the next couple of days, so it might take me a little while (the design of mine isn't a patch on yours though)!

Nina

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 30 Apr 2024, 21:12

Thanks Lin & Nina, it's been a work in progress for a few months now and finally got it all done this evening, just in time for teeny to get half hour of evening sunshine! The weather was beautiful here today so very happy he got to enjoy some! Hopefully, he'll get to spend at least a little bit of time outside most days from now on! Fingers are crossed!

Nina - you've kindly sent me pics of your outdoor enclosure on a previous thread, so don't stress about hunting them down - yours looks great! Lovely & spacious, when we move I'll make teeny Titan a lovely big dedicated space in the garden :D