Talk on Tortoise Diet, April 9th, 2017

This forum contains news items which might be of interest to tortoise keepers, and announcements about the website and forum matters, as well as providing a place where you can post announcements about upcoming events that are relevant to tortoise keepers.
Nina

Talk on Tortoise Diet, April 9th, 2017

Post by Nina » 17 Mar 2017, 09:07

Evolution Reptiles have asked us to give another talk on tortoise diets, and this year's talk will be held at Exeter Hall in Kidlington, Oxfordshire on 9th April 2017. The talk will cover
-- what do tortoises need in their diet, and the composition of a good diet
-- what to feed and what not to feed
-- planting up the enclosure and creating a weed garden
and more.
Here's a link to more information and tickets for the event:
https://www.evolutionreptiles.co.uk/pro ... pril-2017/

Nina

Bigjoe

Re: Talk on Tortoise Diet, April 9th, 2017

Post by Bigjoe » 21 Mar 2017, 18:07

Got this pencilled in Nina,hoping to attend with miss paula

Tina

Post by Tina » 09 Apr 2017, 19:19

Thank you Nina for another great talk on tortoise diet and feeding.
Jonny said thank you for the seeds, he is looking forward to devouring what they produce! :D

xx

Nina

Post by Nina » 09 Apr 2017, 19:55

Thanks so much, Tina! It was great to see you today and I'm so glad that you found the talk useful (lol, even if wasn't hugely different from the one you attended last year!). I hope that Jonny has some really tasty treats from those seeds, so best of luck with them. And the next time I see you I expect you to tell me all about the wonderful trip you made to the Galapagos!

Nina xx

Tina

Post by Tina » 09 Apr 2017, 22:01

Lovely to see you too Nina. I still find it informative as i always forget things! My husband said he could listen to you for hours (that's not something he says about me!!) And always nice to be around people who are nuts about torts as we are :D
I don't have much luck with anything i try to grow in pots but had success last year with the weed mix of seeds i bought at Pete's shop where your talk was last year. So i will be just sowing them in what used to be a veg bed but now a weed bed for Jonny! Oh i hope i get to the Galapagos at some point before i shuffle off lol. I will start doing the lottery and if it comes up pack your bags because you will be coming too! :)

xx

Nina

Post by Nina » 09 Apr 2017, 22:37

Ooh that sent my heart beating! I would love to go to the Galapagos with you and your hubby and would happily carry your bags and wait on you hand and foot for the opportunity to go there! I shall live in hope. . . . . LOL -- tell your husband that he must be a bit mad to want to listen to a crazy tortoise lady with a horrible American accent, but that is a lovely compliment and as you say it's so nice to meet like-minded people! Are you ever in Oxford? It would be great to meet up sometime -- maybe some place half-way between us (Oxford is a nightmare for traffic and parking, as you probably know!).

Nina xx

Tina wrote:
> Lovely to see you too Nina. I still find it informative as i always forget
> things! My husband said he could listen to you for hours (that's not
> something he says about me!!) And always nice to be around people who are
> nuts about torts as we are :D
> I don't have much luck with anything i try to grow in pots but had success
> last year with the weed mix of seeds i bought at Pete's shop where your
> talk was last year. So i will be just sowing them in what used to be a veg
> bed but now a weed bed for Jonny! Oh i hope i get to the Galapagos at some
> point before i shuffle off lol. I will start doing the lottery and if it
> comes up pack your bags because you will be coming too! :)
>
> xx

Tina

Post by Tina » 10 Apr 2017, 05:24

Lol he lives with a mad tortoise lady! I don't know why you think your accent is bad its not, honest! Meting up sometime would be great, let me know when fancy it. Oxford not good for parking! Xx

MichaelCoela

Talk on Tortoise Diet April 9th 2017

Post by MichaelCoela » 23 Jun 2018, 21:53

Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if there are any suppliers of a pre mixed, pelleted form of tortoise diet in SA?
If you know of any, please let me know.

Nina

Post by Nina » 25 Jun 2018, 10:31

Hi -- can you remind me what SA stands for? Is it Southern Australia or South Africa? There is a good maker of pelleted tortoise food called Pre Alpin Testudo. They are based in Germany, but I think they do sell in other countries. They are called Agrobs and the product is Pre Alpin Testudo. Here is a link to their website and maybe you could contact them to see if they sell in your country:
https://www.agrobs.de/futter/en/shop/PR ... ?card=1414

Let us know how you get on.
Nina