Feeding

Use this forum to ask about plants which are not currently in our database or any other plant questions you have.
teriyoung

Feeding

Post by teriyoung » 23 May 2021, 01:00

Hi I'm new and would would like to I know what you guys mean by feed Moderation or sparingly?.

Nina

Re: Feeding

Post by Nina » 23 May 2021, 09:17

Hi, and welcome to The Tortoise Table.

It's a good question that you ask, and we do have a section on the website that explains the 'traffic light' system and what the terms 'feed moderately', etc. mean. Here's a link to the How To Use the Database section, and if you scroll down to the section called 'The Traffic Light System of Colour Coding for Safety' there is a an explanation of what the lights mean and what the terms 'feed freely', 'feed sparingly' and 'feed moderately' mean. https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/pla ... KoN9KHTXwo
If you can't find it, let me know and I'll cut and paste the section here, and if you still have any questions after reading it, also let us know and we'll try and explain further.

And do feel free to post photos of your tortoise (lol, we never get tired of seeing photos of tortoises!), or ask any questions you might have about care or diet.

Nina

StuartD

Post by StuartD » 19 Jul 2021, 14:37

Another new member here and I also hadn't spotted the traffic light system... so thank you for replying and I now understand :D

Nina

Post by Nina » 19 Jul 2021, 18:15

Aww, thanks for the compliment, Stuart, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have -- that's what we're here for.

Cheers,
Nina