(Iceplant) Mesembryanthemum crystallinum

Use this forum to ask about plants which are not currently in our database or any other plant questions you have.
Hector's Family

(Iceplant) Mesembryanthemum crystallinum

Post by Hector's Family » 25 Dec 2019, 17:56

https://www.rareseeds.com/store/vegetab ... t-iceplant

I've read the entries for each iceplant variation. I don't see this specific scientific name in any of them.

I have included the exact link from which I would buy it. Any help as to its safety would be appreciated (as always.)

lin

Re: (Iceplant) Mesembryanthemum crystallinum

Post by lin » 26 Dec 2019, 00:17

Hiya. We do hope you have had a good Christmas.

We do have the mesembryanthemum on the database. Here is the entry and this shows that the mesembryanthemum are safe. The ones that are showing on the website are cultivated for gardens.
https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/pla ... gP3Ry-nyfA
Hope that’s helpful.
Lin

Hector's Family

Post by Hector's Family » 26 Dec 2019, 13:41

You're always helpful!

Our Christmas was nice and calm. Hopefully, yours was lovely!

Yes, that helps. I don't know why I have such trouble searching the database. I'm hoping practice will help. I didn't think to search each word individually. Next time I'll try different variations. I put the whole thing in like I put in the post subject. Perhaps that's where I went wrong.

Thank you, as always!

lin

Post by lin » 26 Dec 2019, 19:07

Yes it will get easier through using. Alongside the search there is a drop down with options of exact word or any word. Meanest try changing it to any word during your searches and it could work for you.
If not just ask.
My Christmas was perfect this year around my youngest grandchildren. Couldn’t have asked for more - except to have the eldest here too.

Lin