Beau - Hermann’s tortoise - West London

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Beau

Beau - Hermann’s tortoise - West London

Post by Beau » 13 Apr 2024, 19:48

Good afternoon. We own a hermann’s male tortoise, approximately 4.5 years old. Unfortunately, we are looking to rehome him as we cannot give him all he needs, mainly permanent outside space. He is in an indoor table, converted shelf, fed correct diet of safe weeds and flowers, top soil and coco coir substrate, uvb and heat lamp. We are very fond of him, but have decided to put his needs first. We have bought him from a pet store nearly 4 years ago and were given an incorrect advice that a table is a suitable permanent set up for a tortoise. After much more research, we realise that our tortoise needs more than we can provide.
We would require the new owners to have a permanent safe outside space and feed him the correct diet. We would also love to stay in touch and maybe visit once in a while or just be updated about how he is doing. We understand this may not be possible though.
Attachments
IMG_0998.jpeg
1703424898396.jpeg
IMG_1204.jpeg

lin

Re: Beau - Hermann’s tortoise - West London

Post by lin » 19 Apr 2024, 14:04

Hi Beau

If you are sure this is what you have to do then we would be happy to place an ad on our Facebook page for you (it gets more traffic than this forum, and you are more likely to find a new home that way), but first I will need some details from you.

As you probably know, no money can change hands when rehoming tortoises. If you would like to send in a nice photo so we can see the whole body at an angle, and some history, name, age, diet, what you are expecting as a good home, and anything else you can think of, his name and your location, not address, just the area and postcode, we would only use the first part and the first digit from the second part. I realise that you have already posted some of this information, but if you can send it to me then I'll put it all together in our standard format.

We would then put your email address in the thread (if I haven’t already got it, I would need that too) so that rehomers contact you directly and you can interview them, asking them whatever you like until you feel comfortable with who you choose to take on your tortoise. We will always he here if you need to ask us anything or would like any guidelines. Hope that helps, I will wait for your instructions and nothing will be posted live until you have read and confirmed that you’re happy with what is in the text.

You can reply direct to me at - lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk .. I have sent you a private message as well, so would be grateful if you can let me know if you received it.

Hope that’s ok
Lin