REHOMED. - Terry - Male Horsfield. -

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Terrysmum

REHOMED. - Terry - Male Horsfield. -

Post by Terrysmum » 30 May 2022, 13:23

Terry, an unsexed Horsfield will be 4 this coming October but sadly, his or her heartbroken owners are having to find a loving home for Terry because they feel they are not doing enough to give Terry the best life they should be offering. They would love to pass Terry onto a loving family who know about Horsfields and how to encourage Terry to be a tortoise 🐢 Terry would love some outside sunshine but seems to have forgotten s/he should sleep in the winter and not the summer months.
Is there anyone who could take over Terry’s care. Don’t be shy and contact the owner. —————————- With ‘Rehoming Terry’ as the subject line, letting them know what you can offer, diet you feed and if you have other tortoises some photos of them too. Also indoor and outdoor accommodation (although Terry does come with an indoor table and other equipment to whoever Terry is passed on to).
Good luck all and good luck Terry.
Lin.

Please be aware The Tortoise Table do not allow money to change hands during the rehoming process.
Attachments
7A9A5BDE-A40A-414C-874E-6D426BA3A7EA.jpeg

lin

Re: Rehoming Terry - Male Horsfield

Post by lin » 30 May 2022, 21:14

Hi Terrysmum
We’re so sorry you are having to make this difficult decision and it’s fantastic you are offering Terry's enclosure, because he will settle into his own surroundings much faster.
Would you mind sending me the details below to our email address - contact@thetortoisetable.org.uk and the post can go onto our Facebook page where it will see a lot more traffic.

If you are sure this is what you have to do then I will need some details from you.
As you probably know that no money can change hands, but we will help with placing an article on our Facebook page and our website. If you would like to send in a nice photo so we can see the whole body at an angle, and some history, name, age, diet, what you are expecting as a good home, and anything else you can think of, his name and your location, not address, just the area.
We would then put your email address in the thread (I would need that too) so that rehomers contact you directly and you can interview them, asking them whatever you like until you feel comfortable with who you choose to take on your baby. We will always he here if you need to ask us anything or would like any guidelines. Hope that helps, I will wait for your instructions and nothing will be posted live until you have read and confirmed that your happy with what is in the text.
Hope that’s ok
Lin