Rehoming- 6 yr old Marginated Tortoise- West Sussex

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
JEdmonds15

Rehoming- 6 yr old Marginated Tortoise- West Sussex

Post by JEdmonds15 » 05 May 2022, 13:58

Hi all,

Unfortunately my partner and I are looking to re-home our lovely 6yr old marginated tortoise called Sid.

He's a lovely male tortoise that we took on from a family who couldn't care for him. When we got him he was in a pretty bad setup. We've improved his setup massively with a tortoise table etc.

Unfortunately he's just getting too big and we live in a flat and can't provide him with the garden he needs. We'd love to give him to an experienced owner who can really care for him and give him the quality of life he needs.

We are based in Horsham, West Sussex. Willing to travel within reason too. Please reach out for further information, pictures etc.

He has no health conditions and was recently taken to the vets. He hasn't hibernated yet but would be ready to this winter.

Many thanks in advance.

Jordan

lin

Re: Rehoming- 6 yr old Marginated Tortoise- West Sussex

Post by lin » 05 May 2022, 15:05

Hi Jordan
its so sad when we hear that people are having to give up their tortoises, you have to remember its not only the owners that find it hard but we also loose a perfectly good tortoise keeper, one that cares enough to have loved that animal for as long as they could, but we do fully understand.

If you would like to send me the details I have asked for in this message to - lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk I will get onto it and post it on our Facebook page where it will receive a lot more traffic.

As you probably know that no money can change hands then we can help with placing an article on our Facebook page and our website. If you would like to send in a nice photo so we can see the whole body at an angle, and some history, name, age, diet, what you are expecting as a good home, and anything else you can think of, his name and your location, not address, just the area.
We would then put your email address in the thread (I would need that too) so that rehomers contact you directly and you can interview them, asking them whatever you like until you feel comfortable with who you choose to take on your baby. We will always he here if you need to ask us anything or would like any guidelines. Hope that helps, I will wait for your instructions and nothing will be posted live until you have read and confirmed that your happy with what is in the text.
Hope that’s ok
Lin

JEdmonds15

Re: Rehoming- 6 yr old Marginated Tortoise- West Sussex

Post by JEdmonds15 » 05 May 2022, 17:34

Thanks Lin!

I've just emailed you with all the details

Many thanks
Jordan