NO LONGER AVAILABLE- Turbo the Horsefield needs a new home!

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
howsons

NO LONGER AVAILABLE- Turbo the Horsefield needs a new home!

Post by howsons » 04 Oct 2020, 18:53

TURBO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
[attachment=0]Turbo_Horsfield_Suzanne_bolton.jpg[/attachment]

Hi Everyone

I have a 3-4 yr old male Horsefield tortoise called Turbo that needs a new home. We are near Bolton, Lancs and I have taken this gorgeous tortoise in from a school that bought him only last year. The school unfortunately have not got anyone to look after him full time, so I have taken him in to keep him settled in one place and spent the last few months getting to know a tortoise and their needs. I love turbo and he has really kept me and my family entertained. I have done my best and I think he is in really good health, but he needs to go to somebody who knows a lot more about tortoises and has the time and space to look after him.
He is very comical and loves digging and climbing, aswell as basking under his lamp as you can see in the attached pic!
If there is somebody who can take him and provide him with a great home and the knowledge and care he needs we would be over the moon, even though I will be extremely sad to see him go!
Please email me at ............ if you are interested in taking him.

Please remember that the policies of The Tortoise Table do NOT allow money to change hands when rehoming a tortoise. 

COVID-19 - it is essential that government guidelines are followed.
Thanks
Suzanne
Attachments
Turbo_Horsfield_Suzanne_bolton.jpg
IMG_20200907_141604copy.jpg
IMG_20200911_085818 (1).jpg

lin

Re: Turbo the Horsefield needs a new home!

Post by lin » 04 Oct 2020, 21:09

I remember you took him in for the school if your the same person - lol.
As Nina has said if you would like to keep him then we will be here for you to help in any of your worries.

However if not then yes, I will gladly put up a post from you for the FB page. Its a shame you live so far because I have someone who is looking who lives in Kent.
Let us know either way.
Lin

howsons

Post by howsons » 05 Oct 2020, 14:17

Thank you Lin!
Yes we refused to let them take him back to school, so he's been at mine since lockdown.
After speaking to Nina he could be older maybe 6 or 7!
Unfortunately my husband doesn't want the responsibility of pets even though I have been taking care of Turbo, it's a big ask! It's not as if they live same length of time as a guinea pig! 😟
Thank you!

lin

Post by lin » 05 Oct 2020, 15:55

Oh bless you, such a wonderful tortoise mum that are so hard to fine. Still I understand about the pastures new and I am sure you will allow him to go to the right home.
Heres the link to the FB post but I think you have to copy and paste it. . https://www.facebook.com/TheTortoiseTab ... 994449876/
Lin

howsons

Post by howsons » 07 Oct 2020, 09:23

Thank you Lin!
We have somebody in mind now, but it hasn't been finalised yet so we will keep those open in case it falls through.
Thanks

howsons

Re: REHOMED - Turbo the Horsefield needs a new home!

Post by howsons » 31 Oct 2020, 10:11

So we have decided to keep Turbo...well I had agreed ago but had to convince hubby! I am now having fun designing the new enclosure and Ice bought him plants from bioactive herpes to go in. I will put a new thread under enclosure as I need some advice 😘

Nina

Re: REHOMED - Turbo the Horsefield needs a new home!

Post by Nina » 31 Oct 2020, 10:56

So glad you decided to keep him -- it was the right decision for you and for Turbo, as you have made him such a nice home!

Cheers,
Nina