No longer available KEVIN THE HORSEFIELD from STOCKPORT

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
jane burn

No longer available KEVIN THE HORSEFIELD from STOCKPORT

Post by jane burn » 10 Feb 2020, 10:52

An update regarding Kevin. The owner, who reluctantly decided to rehome Kevin due to ill health, has now found a family member to help care for Kevin and so she will be able to remain in this excellent home for a long time to come.
Nina

Original post:
IT IS WITH SADNESS I AM LOOKING TO REHOME MY HORSEFIELD FEMALE 11 YEAR OLD TORTOISE. NO HEALTH ISSUES AND COMES WITH NEW TABLE DISMANTLED 6 X 2FT, ALL LIGHTS ARCADIA D3 AND T5, REFLECTORS, TWO OUTSIDE BIG PENS WITH MESH BASE, SEEDS, ADDITIONAL HEAT BULBS ETC LOADS OF STUFF. ALL I WANT IS A LOVING CARING HOME FOR KEVIN. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL. STOCKPORT, CHESHIRE BASED. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS rocky.the@hotmail.co.uk FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Attachments
108_2302.JPG
108_2299.JPG
20507354_1372906926077897_3804429294956564412_o.jpg
Last edited by jane burn on 11 Feb 2020, 19:16, edited 5 times in total.

Nina

Re: SAD REHOMING KEVIN THE HORSEFIELD STOCKPORT BASED

Post by Nina » 10 Feb 2020, 11:55

Hi Jane,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having to rehome your tortoise. I know it must have been a difficult decision for you, and it is very generous of you to offer all of the equipment to the person who will rehome Kevin. Could you confirm what species Kevin is (it is important that people know what species he is in case they have tortoises of a different species)?

Also, you haven't left an email address for people to send their responses to -- would you like to either post your email address here or alternatively you could ask people to contact us at contact@thetortoisetable.org.uk and we can forward the requests to you.
Please note that it is Tortoise Table policy that no money can change hands when rehoming a tortoise, so the tortoise itself and any equipment that goes with it must be free of charge.

If you would like us to post your message on our Facebook page (which gets more traffic than this forum), we would be happy to do so, and it is also a great help if a photo of the tortoise accompanies a rehoming message, so if you would like to post a photo here, and also send us one (send to contact@thetortoisetable.org.uk ) for us to put on the Facebook page (along with your email address) that would be super.

With best wishes, and I hope that you can find a lovely forever home for Kevin.

Nina

jane burn

Post by jane burn » 10 Feb 2020, 13:27

Thank you have amended the post and sent an email direct to the tortoise table.

Nina

Post by Nina » 10 Feb 2020, 18:12

Oh my goodness, that is an absoltuely brilliant table and a very handsome Horsfield tortoise with a lovely smooth shell. You've obviously taken excellent care of him and given him a great environment in which to thrive.

Nina