Spur thighed tortoise

Post your pictures and any questions here of European tortoises e.g. Ibera Spur Thigh, Ibera Graeca, Marginated, Hermanns, Kleinmanni and we include the Horsfield tortoise. Also, do add pictures of Mediterranean tortoises you have seen in the wild.
dougalmcdougall

Spur thighed tortoise

Post by dougalmcdougall » 03 Sep 2021, 12:41

I have started looking after my mother in laws 20yr spur thighed tortoise called Dougal. I am completely new to tortoise care and would love to find someone in my local area to talk to about it. Anyone out there in the Fife area of Scotland?

lin

Re: Spur thighed tortoise

Post by lin » 03 Sep 2021, 14:35

Hiya.
That’s really lovely of you to take on the care of Dougal. I’m not sure if he is a Mediterranean or North African so I have included the caresheet for the Med species. There’s lots of info in there so have a look through for ideas.
https://www.tortoise-protection-group.o ... 014New.pdf

Regarding speaking to someone. I can put a post on our Facebook Page asking if someone I know who lives in Fife can contact you. I’ll let you know.
Lin

lin

Post by lin » 03 Sep 2021, 14:52

Can I ask if you have messenger and if so can you share the link. I have someone very experienced that will lend an ear, so to speak.
Lin

lin

Post by lin » 04 Sep 2021, 14:27

Hi. I do hope your getting on nicely and Dougal is settling nicely.
I do have someone that is able to speak with you if you still need that option.
Lin