Is a red soaking tub OK?

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
CritterMama

Is a red soaking tub OK?

Post by CritterMama » 25 Mar 2022, 14:54

Had to get a deeper bowl for soaking my baby Hermann's. He's an escape artist to be sure. Anyway, I found these plastic cereal bowls that should work just fine - an added bonus is that they are my favorite color - red! Any problem with Scoot soaking in a red tub? Sounds like a crazy question, but if he might go bonkers at the color, I'll find something more neutral! I also have a tortoise-dedicated, full-sized dish pan but it's soo big and he's still soo tiny! :lol:

Thanks for indulging me (I had to find something more to worry about! :? )

[attachment=1]DSCN4186.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]DSCN4186.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Red Soaking Dish.jpg
DSCN4186.JPG
Critter Mama

One Husband, one Bearded Dragon, one Panther Chameleon, one Labrador Retriever, and now a baby Hermann's Tortoise!

Nina

Re: Is a red soaking tub OK?

Post by Nina » 27 Mar 2022, 15:45

What an escape artist he is! I don't think there is anything wrong with red, but I do know that if you have red nail polish on your toenails, and you go barefoot in the garden, then tortoises invariably make a run for them and attack the ferociously. Like a red flag to a bull? Not sure. I'd try it and see how he reacts (and do let us know)!

Nina

CritterMama

Post by CritterMama » 04 Apr 2022, 17:48

He doesn't seem to mind the red color at all. He's already plotting his escape, but he's a ways away from being able to do that. :lol: I think he "looks good in red" (quite literally!)
Attachments
DSCN4201.JPG
Critter Mama

One Husband, one Bearded Dragon, one Panther Chameleon, one Labrador Retriever, and now a baby Hermann's Tortoise!

Nina

Post by Nina » 04 Apr 2022, 18:54

Actually, you're right -- he does look good in red (what a slave to fashion he is!).

Nina