Sulcata care sheet

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
Bex

Sulcata care sheet

Post by Bex » 12 May 2021, 06:20

Hi guys,

Hope all are well :)
Can you please give me the link to the Sulcata care sheet that Lin put together please?

Bex x

Nina

Re: Sulcata care sheet

Post by Nina » 12 May 2021, 10:07

No problem, Bex -- here it is:
https://www.tortoise-protection-group.o ... 202018.pdf

Nina

Bex

Post by Bex » 12 May 2021, 14:13

Thank you!

I wanted to make sure that Speedy’s new owners had it! I have found her a wonderful new home :)
Unfortunately Nan’s health has deteriorated rapidly over the past few months and the time was right for me to let Speedy go.
As heartbreaking as it is, I’m happy that she now has 100ft grassed area to free roam, a house bigger than mine and 3 children who adore her!

I would like to say a BIG thank you for all your support here at TT, especially Lin :) I would never have coped without her!

I still have Tiny so will be popping online now & then, it’s not that easy to get rid of me!!

Bex x

Nina

Post by Nina » 12 May 2021, 18:22

Oh, Bex, I hadn't realised that you have had to rehome Speedy, but it does sound like the right thing to have done, and what a wonderful home she has gone to. I'm sure she will make use of every foot of that 100 foot space!

Give Tiny a tickle under the chin from me, and I'm so glad that you'll continue to be part of the TTT family!

I'm sure Lin will be along soon to blushingly thank you for your lovely comments about her.

Nina xx

lin

Post by lin » 12 May 2021, 19:51

Bex wrote:

Aww, Bex. So sorry your having to move Speedy on, but as you know, that option will come to us all within the time of their lifespan. It sounds like a wonderful new home you have set out for him, but I know that goes without saying under your watch xx
Oh! Bex, your kind words are so lovely and have made my heart melt. Thank you so much but remember it’s you that did all the hard work.
I do hope your Nan is in the right position to make a recovery.
Tickles from me for Tiny and as Nina has pointed out that you will still be around, that’s good.
You take care Bex
Lin
X

> I wanted to make sure that Speedy’s new owners had it! I have found her a
> wonderful new home :)
> Unfortunately Nan’s health has deteriorated rapidly over the past few
> months and the time was right for me to let Speedy go.
> As heartbreaking as it is, I’m happy that she now has 100ft grassed area to
> free roam, a house bigger than mine and 3 children who adore her!
>
> I would like to say a BIG thank you for all your support here at TT,
> especially Lin :) I would never have coped without her!
>
> I still have Tiny so will be popping online now & then, it’s not that
> easy to get rid of me!!
>
> Bex x

Bex

Post by Bex » 12 May 2021, 20:36

Thank you Ladies :)

It was a pleasure to have her, learn about her and I will miss her terribly, but it is the right decision. It was easier to get her sorted out now, in case we had little time to get her rehomed in the future.

I did email you earlier Lin but I’m not sure if it sent, it goes into more detail of the situation. I wanted you to be the 1st to know as I know Speedy has a special place in your thoughts. Let me know if you haven’t received it and I will try again.

I do keep crying, part of me feels like I failed, and as you guys know I don’t do things by half :lol: but I’m happy I found her the ideal set up!

This is a pic of her in her new home! Look at all that lush grass :)

Many thanks again,

Bex x
Attachments
04F8F15B-BBFC-4BFB-ACFB-C168FDE9B30E.jpeg

Vanessavam

-

Post by Vanessavam » 06 Jul 2021, 11:55

Can I add a few things that will help out as well being a rat owner for pets sake and rescuer in the past there are a few things I think I can add. Though I would like permission to do so first since this is your care sheet and not mine.
In a healthy body, a healthy mind. And in a beautiful one?