Thermometer placement

Use this forum to discuss any aspect of tortoise housing and enclosures. Upload and show pictures of your set ups (enclosures).
beeclaire80

Thermometer placement

Post by beeclaire80 » 11 Oct 2020, 18:13

Hi,

So my probe thermometer arrived along with my humidity monitor (which also has the temp on it!) but I’ve no idea how or where to attach it.

I remember a mention of it hanging down from the light but I’m currently unable to move my light as it’s a clamp lamp and we don’t seem to be able to attach it any other way. We have bought a bracket but the clamp lamp has no hook on the top or anywhere to attach a hook. I can’t afford to change it just yet so we are trying all kind of things including a broom handle and copper piping (neither worked well!).

Any clues or advice?
Attachments
36B3B085-8683-4E37-8DDF-44D3CA55BB8E.jpeg

Nina

Re: Thermometer placement

Post by Nina » 28 Nov 2020, 09:45

Oh dear -- I have only just seen this post! We are supposed to be notified when any new posts come in, but I am finding several where no notice was sent.
You've probably solved the problem now, but what I do is to tape a chopstick or some sort of stick, horizontally to the rim of the table near the light, and then wind the cord of the thermometer around that stick to the end so that it hangs down directly under the light, and at the height of the tortoise's shell. Does that make sense? I could take a photo if you like.

Nina

beeclaire80

Post by beeclaire80 » 28 Nov 2020, 17:13

Thanks Nina,

We are all sorted :)

Nina

Post by Nina » 28 Nov 2020, 18:57

Thanks, Claire -- I thought you might be! :D It was so frustrating today -- I found about 8 or 10 posts where no notification had been sent to us (all between mid and late October), so we missed them, and I've posted today to all of them and hope they haven't abandoned us for lack of response!

Nina

beeclaire80

Post by beeclaire80 » 28 Nov 2020, 20:54

Well I come for a look most days so fingers crossed others do as well!

Love the wealth of knowledge here.

P.S I’m about to email you a video of Floyd walking as discussed on my other thread!