Horsfield Tortoise REHOMED

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
incrediblechunk

Horsfield Tortoise REHOMED

Post by incrediblechunk » 02 Aug 2017, 14:04

I am looking for a new home for my Horsefield tortoise, Squirtle. I got him from someone else approximately 9 months ago as he was no longer wanted and I thought I could give him a good home. I have looked after him as well as I could over the months but due to my work commitments and current home life I don’t feel he gets the love and attention he deserves. I will continue to let him roam the house as much as I can but would love to see him go to a home where he could get more daily attention.

He appears healthy and following a quiet spell earlier in the year he now chomps away on his favourite dandelions and other treats (although he seems to like stuff that he isn’t allowed!). I was told he was around 3 years old when I got him so he is likely to be around 4 years old now.

Squirtle comes with a table set up, including heat / UV lamp, plug timer and various accessories (feeding / water bowls) and I will provide the remaining bedding I have which should be enough for one new clean set up. I am based in Stockport and will happily deliver Squirtle and set up locally (say 15-25 miles of Stockport) although I will need help with the table at the other end. Or feel free to come and collect (you’ll need a medium hatchback I would say).

I’ve attached a few photographs of him and his set up but any questions please ask.
Attachments
IMG_5270.jpg
IMG_5272.jpg
IMG_5271.jpg
Last edited by incrediblechunk on 09 Sep 2017, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Elaine

Re: Looking for a new home for my Horsefield Tortoise

Post by Elaine » 02 Aug 2017, 14:53

So sorry to read about having to give Squirtle up. It is a very hard decision when it is for their good and not ours. Such a beautiful tortoise i'm sure you will have many offers.
Can you add an e-mail address for people to get in contact with you?
I will link this to our Face Book page too in order for you to get a wider audience with your search for a forever home.
Good luck,
Elaine
Elaine on behalf of The Tortoise Table (T.T.T.).

incrediblechunk

Post by incrediblechunk » 02 Aug 2017, 15:23

Thanks Elaine, I've been a lurker on the website for a while but never actually joined so wasn't sure of the protocols etc. My email for anyone wanting to contact me direct is wes.p.smith@gmail.com.

Elaine

Post by Elaine » 03 Aug 2017, 12:24

Can you update your link once you have found the forever home please? That way i can update our Face Book and Twitter details.

Many thanks Elaine

panavith

Post by panavith » 19 Aug 2017, 15:19

Hi, have you found a new home for Squirtle yet please?

Elaine

Post by Elaine » 19 Aug 2017, 20:45

Hi Panavith,

I am awaiting conformation that the beautiful Squirtle has now been placed in a forever home.

If this has fallen through we will contact you.

Thanks for asking,
Elaine

incrediblechunk

HOME WANTED -Horsfield Tortoise-

Post by incrediblechunk » 09 Sep 2017, 12:41

Hi all, unfortunately due to family circumstances, the person who was going to take Squirtle has had to pull out and so I am still looking for a home for him. I don't always see messages on here and don't seem to get notifications of messages so best contacting me on the email address in the advert. Thanks.

Elaine, the site won't let me respond via private message so accept my apologies for contacting you on here. Would you mind changing the title to remove REHOMED please.

Elaine

Re: Horsefield Tortoise Needs FOREVER home

Post by Elaine » 09 Sep 2017, 15:52

I have done this. I contacted the lady who was also interested at the time but she ended up buying one. I will link via FB and Twitter too. Squirtle is so cute i'm sure you'll have replies flooding in.

Elaine

JADEYRATTY

Post by JADEYRATTY » 09 Sep 2017, 18:23

Hi. Iam very interested in the rehoming of squirtle. We live in the greater Manchester area.we currently have a hermann tortoise who is 30+ who freely roams our house and garden. We have two boys 7 & 9 who have allergies to furry pets. They are very hands on with our tortoise and give him so much love and attention.he really is a massive part of this family. I currently work two days a week but leaving for maternity in a few weeks so have the time to give this little one the attention it needs Please contact me for further details. Thank you jade

Helen

Post by Helen » 09 Sep 2017, 18:38

Hi Jade

Would you mind also sending this message directly to Squirtle's owner at wes.p.smith@gmail.com in case the owner doesn't check the forum.
Helen

JADEYRATTY

Post by JADEYRATTY » 09 Sep 2017, 18:53

Will do thanks Helen

incrediblechunk

Post by incrediblechunk » 13 Sep 2017, 21:26

Squirtle has now be rehomed. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Nina

Post by Nina » 13 Sep 2017, 22:48

Many thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad to hear that you've found him a good home.

Nina

Elaine

Re: Horsfield Tortoise REHOMED

Post by Elaine » 15 Sep 2017, 18:37

So pleased that Squirtle has now found a forever home.
Elaine