Liner for table??

Use this forum to discuss any aspect of tortoise housing and enclosures. Upload and show pictures of your set ups (enclosures).
ley2308

Liner for table??

Post by ley2308 » 31 May 2020, 08:43

Iv woke up this morning and gone to check little pablo and we have a problem his flooring looks like it has started to go off?? Not sure why as it’s only wet from Pablo walking through his water and trailing the water through can I have some help to stop this? We only put it in on Tuesday so it was fresh? Also what should we line the table with?? Would Lino tiles be ok?

Kimberley

Re: Liner for table??

Post by Kimberley » 31 May 2020, 11:18

Hi,

I used vinyl in one piece for this. Tiles will leak in the end I think. I had a piece of left over vinyl from a previous home. I brought it because I thought it could be handy and it was. I cut in the corners, to make a corner and I taped everything with very strong aquarium/glass tape. Totally works.

The vinyl is imitation wood pattern, the table is light wood.
Attachments
IMG_20200523_103633.jpg
IMG_20200523_103923.jpg

Nina

Re: Liner for table??

Post by Nina » 31 May 2020, 12:55

Yes, I agree that a sheet of lino or vinyl would be better than tiles as they will leak, but it might be hard to bend up the corners. You do need a waterproof liner, though and it has the added advantage of making it much easier to clean. One of the easiest things to use is heavy plastic sheeting or most people use pool liner (that you can buy at garden centres, aquatic places etc), as that works well and make sure it goes up the walls too, to the height of where your substrate will be. Have attached a photo of the lining of my table while it was being made (it's not pool liner, and I'm not sure what material it was that the lad used, but it's been good for almost ten years.

Nina
[attachment=0]m_IMG_9402.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
m_IMG_9402.jpg