Bella Zoomies

Post your pictures and any questions here of European tortoises e.g. Ibera Spur Thigh, Ibera Graeca, Marginated, Hermanns, Kleinmanni and we include the Horsfield tortoise. Also, do add pictures of Mediterranean tortoises you have seen in the wild.
SilverWings

Bella Zoomies

Post by SilverWings » 10 Aug 2019, 18:40

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted last. Bella has settled in amazingly and is growing like a weed. With the poor weather this last week she's had to make do with being confined in her indoor house (the ground outside is a bit too wet right now :( ). I thought I'd share a video of her begging for snacks :lol: She's following my hand around because she knows I usually either hand feed her or give shell scritches!

I don;t know if/how to upload it directly to the site so here's an imgur link, hope it works!

https://imgur.com/9gL0wZ0

Nina

Re: Bella Zoomies

Post by Nina » 11 Aug 2019, 08:55

Hi and it's great to hear from you and to know that Bella is doing well! Love the little video, and it looks like Bella is full of energy and enjoying life with you. LOL, I love the way she does that classic thing of walking through the water bowl so that she tracks in some substrate, just to muddy it up a bit!

Are you still working in the pet shop (I remember how you rescued her from the lady who thought she was a redfoot!).

Let's hope the sun comes out again soon and all our tortoises can get outdoors again.

Cheers,
Nina

SilverWings

Post by SilverWings » 11 Aug 2019, 12:15

Yes I'm still in the pet shop, which means she's always getting spoiled rotten with new things to play with :lol: :lol: :lol: I don;t know if you saw in the video, on the left hand side there's a metal ball, it's designed for guinea pigs and rabbits to put hay in but I use it for Bella's greens so she has to work a bit for them (has the added bonus of keeping them cleaner because she likes to walk through them too :roll: ). She also happens to think it makes a *great* back scratcher!!

lin

Post by lin » 11 Aug 2019, 13:41

What a great idea with the ball and Bella having to work for her food and multitasking by using it as a backscratcher too...She will see her name in lights soon, you just watch :lol: :lol:

Lin

Nina

Post by Nina » 11 Aug 2019, 15:25

Ooh, is that the wire contraption hanging from the side? I thought that was a guard for a lamp or something. What a brilliant idea -- I might get one myself, as I'm sure that Doris and Dolly would like that a lot -- and it would also stop them from weeing on their food before they eat it! Thanks for the idea!

Nina

SilverWings

Post by SilverWings » 11 Aug 2019, 16:09

I have been eyeing up the white python LED strips...lots of different colours...

Haha, you're welcome! This is the one I got but there's probably different ones out there too.

https://www.rosewoodpet.com/small-anima ... -food-ball

Nina

Post by Nina » 11 Aug 2019, 16:52

Whoa -- you didn't tell me that it has a bell hanging from it -- does that mean that Bella rings the bell when she's finished her food so that you can fill it up again? She is one iintelligent little tortoise! I just found this photo of it all filled up (not the best tortoise food, but it gives a good idea): https://www.thehappydolphinpets.com/col ... 9779103113 I've seen one on Ebay for just over £6.00 https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Boredom-Breake ... 1405247091

Nina

SilverWings

Post by SilverWings » 11 Aug 2019, 19:55

I forgot it had a bell, I took it off, it was only on with a tiny keyring.

Nina

Post by Nina » 11 Aug 2019, 21:18

And by removing that bell you've deprived Bella of her opportunity to ring for her personal slave to serve her! How cruel! :lol:

Nina

SilverWings

Post by SilverWings » 12 Aug 2019, 07:08

Believe me, she makes herself known...It makes a very good, but very NOISY back scratcher :lol: :lol: