New garden! Plant I.d please

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
Bex

New garden! Plant I.d please

Post by Bex » 27 Mar 2019, 11:24

Hi, we are finally in the new house and I've got a few weeds I'm unsure of!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bex

Re: New garden! Plant I.d please

Post by Bex » 27 Mar 2019, 11:27

The 1st pic is supposed to be with the 6th pic! I have no idea what that is!
The 2nd looks like buttercup maybe?
The 3rd has a white flower, not sure again.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bex

Post by Bex » 27 Mar 2019, 11:29

And last but not least....it's like a dandelion, but it's not!
Many thanx,
Bex
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nina

Post by Nina » 27 Mar 2019, 14:15

I tried to post an answer after each of your postings, but it doesn't seem to be working, so I'll number your photos in your three posts from 1 to 8, starting with the earliest.
Nos. 1 and 6 look like Spurge, where the leaves are wilting a bit. It is a definite no feed.
nos. 4 and 5 (with the tiny white flowers) are Bittercress -- feed in moderation
Nos. 7 and 8 are probably Dandelion (the leaves come in many shapes) but could be Smootht Hawksbeard. In any case they are both edible, so well done.
No. 3 Yes, looks like Buttercup
No. 2. Very difficult as there looks like about three plants in there. I think I can see one or two types of hardy geranium, or wild geranium, with the broader, frilly leaves, but I don't know what the thin narrow leaves are, unless they are the young leaves of the perennial taller campanula. Can you take another photo and point out which ones you want ID'd?

If you type the names of the plants I've tentatively ID'd into the search box at the top of any page, you can see the entries for the plants (do click on the short search result to get the longer entry so that you can look at more photos).

I hope that helps, and if I've got any of them wrong I hope Lin will come on with corrections.

Cheers,

Bex

Post by Bex » 27 Mar 2019, 19:11

Brill Ty...will redo pic asap :)

Bex

Post by Bex » 30 Mar 2019, 16:42

Ok so I know triangle is dead nettle...but unsure of circle and square?
Attachments
image.jpeg

Bex

Post by Bex » 30 Mar 2019, 16:43

And then there are lots and lots of these....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bex

Post by Bex » 30 Mar 2019, 16:48

And these....I know the flowers are a no feed!
Attachments
image.jpeg

Bex

Post by Bex » 30 Mar 2019, 16:53

Nina the thin leaves are attached to the buttercup! It's very tall so that's why I wasn't sure if it is buttercup!

I've redone these pics...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

lin

Post by lin » 30 Mar 2019, 19:07

Sorry Bex. I have just realised I was answering the same mails that Nina answered the other day. Ii will start again --

The two plants together that have been pulled up are Spurge. This needs to be removed and binned because its not edible at all and will grow and see in a week. Easier to pull as you see it. Lin
The circle and square are both no feeds. One is Buttercup and the other one is one of the umbels that are all no feed.

The plants that are with the no feed flowers in pink and cream. Those are Geum, those are a feed sparingly.

The ones you have lots and lots of, the fuzzy type of leaf. These could be many plants but out of what they could be none of them are edible. I hope Nina comes in on thos one.

I think thats the lot but let me know if I missed any.

Lin

Bex

Post by Bex » 30 Mar 2019, 21:45

Big thank you guys, will start weeding asap!