REHOMED -- Boris the Hermann needs a new home, Manchester based at present

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Boris

REHOMED -- Boris the Hermann needs a new home, Manchester based at present

Post by Boris » 01 Oct 2018, 14:05

Hi all
Sadly i need to re-home my Hermann tortoise Boris. I have had him for about 3 years now, he was a rescue tortoise, so has no papers. His shell is very slightly pyramided but that is the way he arrived from his previous owner and this has not got any worse. i have looked after him and fed him the correct weeds - he loves dandelions and plantain best, i normally buy a mixed Mediterranean seed packet and grow them from scratch.

The reason he needs to move on is that he does not like being inside, and i cannot keep him out all year, its just too cold. He may like a bigger indoor table better but i do not have the room. he is quite a character and runs after us and nibbles slippers, shoes and toes if you are not careful. i want him to go to an experienced owner preferably with an outdoor heated enclosure, someone who can spend time with him, as i am at work all day. he can come with an indoor table with lamp etc but he needs a bigger one really.

He has been successfully fridge hibernated the last 2 winters. he is reluctant to have baths but stays in longer if it is just warmer than tepid.

i can only let him go to someone who will love him and care properly for him and maybe send me the occasional photo because i will miss him a lot.

[attachment=0]IMG_1355.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_0134.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_0133.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG

lin

Re: Boris the Hermann needs a new home, Manchester based at present

Post by lin » 01 Oct 2018, 14:33

I will add this to the FB page and forward those that are interested to this thread so please keep an eye on your inbox (did you check the 'notify me' box above where you typed this mail?) and this page for notifications.
You ask the questions you need to ask any future rehomers and only alllow Boris to go to the one you choose and feel satisfied they can care for him to your requirments.
Hope thats ok.
Lin

Boris

Post by Boris » 01 Oct 2018, 16:06

Thanks Lin that’s great

Debbiepatten

Post by Debbiepatten » 01 Oct 2018, 16:21

Hi there,
I just seen the posts on Facebook for a home for your gorgeous boy Boris😍 I would love to offer him a loving forever home with me m. I have had tourtise in the past so am fully capable of caring for him. I am based in London but am more than happy to travel to manchester to collect him.
Thank you Debbie

lin

Post by lin » 01 Oct 2018, 18:04

Good luck Debbie.
Boris's mum will be with you when she sees your message.

Lin

Debbiepatten

Post by Debbiepatten » 01 Oct 2018, 21:10

Brilliant thank you Lin😊

Boris

Post by Boris » 01 Oct 2018, 21:21

Oh Debbie I feel upset at the thought of him going but you sound like you have spotted how handsome he is! I will message you again in the morning when I can cope with the thought of letting him go! Thank you xxxx

Boris

Post by Boris » 01 Oct 2018, 21:22

Lin are you able to pass my email address to Debbie please?

lin

Post by lin » 01 Oct 2018, 23:00

Debbie, you can contact Boris's mum by emailing her after clicking on her signature (Boris) that show in the area on the right of each mail from her in green bold text and again under the heading of her messages.
Once you click that it will take you to a page and you need to open the E mail Boris and that will get you to where you need to be to send her a PM. She can then get back to you.
I will mail Debbie on FB too Boris's mum to be sure she see's it.

Lin

Boris

Post by Boris » 03 Oct 2018, 18:03

Hi all Debbie has decided not to have Boris after all, so he is still available for rehoming if anyone is interested

lin

Post by lin » 03 Oct 2018, 19:28

Thank you for the update. I will just bump it on FB. Keep watching and keep fingers crossed.
:lol: Your way in front of me. Nice one.
Lin

Tammy

Post by Tammy » 04 Oct 2018, 15:37

Hi is boris still available?

Boris

Post by Boris » 04 Oct 2018, 18:54

Hi Tammy yes he is, have you kept torts before? Thank you for your interest.

malc

Post by malc » 05 Oct 2018, 20:58

hi i can give boris a good home i have been keeping tortoises for 40 years i have a spure tortoise age about 60 years and a hermans about 12 years i live in castleton

Boris

Post by Boris » 05 Oct 2018, 22:43

Hi malc

You sound like an experienced tortoise keeper. Boris is also about 12 ithink . Do yours live indoors or outside