Not offered - 2 Horsfield tortoises looking for their forever home (Sheffield)

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Ali H

Not offered - 2 Horsfield tortoises looking for their forever home (Sheffield)

Post by Ali H » 29 Apr 2018, 19:39

I absolutely love Spraggan and Heston but I'm not giving them the life I would want them to have. Therefore I am looking for an amazing home for them. One where they are loved and cared for properly and never neglected or treated any less than they should be.

I have had them since April 2015 and I thought I'd manage to look after them better. But it's harder than I thought as I am a wheelchair user and can't bend over. It only takes one moment for a life-changing incident (for one of them) to happen. I can't give them freedom if I can't bend to pick them up/put them down as necessary. I don't think it's fair for them as it is at the moment

Additionally, I can't turn to see if they are behind me or under my wheels and if my wheelchair ran over them or into them, it really doesn't bear thinking about, does it?

We thought they were one boy and one girl but a friend thinks they might both be girls. I'm afraid I don't know.

Happy to give all their bits and bobs with them.

I am a passionate animal lover and extremely sad to have to put them up for rehoming, but it has to be what's best for them.

No time wasters or anyone who is less than being totally passionate about animals.

lin

Re: 2 Horsfield tortoises looking for their forever home (Sheffield)

Post by lin » 01 May 2018, 18:20

Hi Ali
If you could post a photo or two then I will put them on our FB page giving a bigger audience. If people then contact you here you will be able to find someone you think suitable by asking all the questions you have to, to give your tortoises the home you are looking for.

Lin

lin

Re: 2 Horsfield tortoises looking for their forever home (Sheffield)

Post by lin » 04 Jun 2018, 19:08

Hi Ali. Are these tortoises still needing a home or have you found them somewhere?

Lin