Rehomed - Female Hermans for re-homing-local to Barnet.

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
KristaLonsdale

Rehomed - Female Hermans for re-homing-local to Barnet.

Post by KristaLonsdale » 22 Jan 2018, 19:14

Jack is about 13 years old & despite the name- female. I have been a slightly reluctant Tortoise-keeper,thus the re-homing....She was a school pet & as her holiday-time keeper she was `gifted` to me when no longer wanted. They brought her up on mainly salad & veges. Sorry but I have not succeeded in getting her to do more than taste(& then reject)weeds despite actually growing certain species for her;she won`t even eat my home grown Lambs Lettuce! :-/ She has been kept in a vivarium on newspaper. That Vivarium is now a bit small for her so you will need more suitable accommodation for her but are welcome to the Viv. short term. She has always had suitable temperatures & basking lamps,suitable supplements, been bathed regularly & had free-run in part of my garden in the summer months,perhaps that`s why she is strong and healthy. She is used to children ( if they are old enough to be taught how to handle her),I don`t find it a problem to hand-feed her for example,she even seems to have learned to be careful with fingers. She has clearly learned her way round my house and garden &`sulks` when taken out of familiar surroundings,so she`ll take a while to come out of her shell! She hasn`t had a companion since a batch-sibling passed away so I can`t say how she is with others of her species. She has never been hibernated only over-wintered.
I want to find her someone who can give her the things I haven`t been able to-the right substrate & either a Tortoise Table or Indoor/outdoor set-up;preferably interesting (to her) not a desolate space to be bored in all winter,if she is not hibernated. Maybe you will have the skill &/or courage to hibernate her too? I would also like to be able to visit, to check-out that what she`ll be going to is better than what I`m providing which is why I ask for `local`-I don`t drive. Tall order but she`s worth it.....Krista :-)
Attachments
JackEating2017.JPG
2017...and bottom.JPG
2017 Jack Top....JPG

suetort1

Re: Female Hermans for re-homing-local to Barnet.

Post by suetort1 » 23 Jan 2018, 09:18

Hi I am very interested in giving Jack a new home. I look forward to hearing from you .
Regards
Sue

lin

Post by lin » 23 Jan 2018, 11:46

Thats great Sue. If you havnt already then you can directly contact Kristy by clicking on her name and opening an email page that will go directly to her with your message.
Good luck.
Lin

suetort1

Post by suetort1 » 28 Jan 2018, 10:53

Hi I have not heard anything from Krista , does she reply on this forum or on my email account ?
Regards
Sue

lin

Post by lin » 28 Jan 2018, 12:28

Ah, I thought she would contact you in person Sue. We have let her know your asking and your mail needs attention. I will see if I can contact her again direct.
Thanks fer letting us know and do get back if you dont hear again in the next few days.
Lin

Sent message Sue and will let you know what happens.

KristaLonsdale

Post by KristaLonsdale » 28 Jan 2018, 13:32

Hi Sue (and 2 others that have replied to me directly).Sorry-I wasn`t checking for replies in all the right places! I`m sorry-I certainly didn`t mean to ignore you all. Sue I would like to deal with the most local first and,even though they only replied directly to me,not here they were also the first replies. Where do you live? I will converse directly with everyone,rather than through here,as soon as the emails have arrived in the correct account which will happen today (stuff from hotmail account is supposed to come directly to gmail but new addresses get stuck along with the spam-apologies once again for not checking this. Expect an email from me soon....Krista

lin

Post by lin » 28 Jan 2018, 14:39

Thanks Krista.
Good luck to you and all those looking to rehome.

Lin

Nina

Re: Rehomed - Female Hermans for re-homing-local to Barnet.

Post by Nina » 11 May 2019, 20:46

x