ID please

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in countries outside the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
Tasha

ID please

Post by Tasha » 26 Jun 2017, 13:32

Hi, these things are growing in my yard. Wondering if my Hermans can eat them. I live in Canada-Ontario. Pic 2and 3 are the same type of weed. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2395.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG

lin

Re: ID please

Post by lin » 26 Jun 2017, 14:36

Hiya Tasha.
The top pic with all the thin leaves on the stem I would say is one of the Horseweed's but we cant be 100% sure until there is a flower head or buds. Can you tell if the stem is hairy. If it is then that is a no feed and you can type that into the database search and it will open the entry.

The next two, the small seedlings are Sow Thistle and your tortoise will love those. Again that can also be typed in the database search (that can be found in the above menu) and it will bring the entry up.

Lin

Tasha

Post by Tasha » 26 Jun 2017, 15:32

Ok great. I wasn't sure if it was sow thistle because the leaves are smooth and not picky at all. They also stay small. Thanks!

lin

Post by lin » 26 Jun 2017, 16:33

Its possible they stay small because of growing conditions, water, heat, cold etc. Theres many reasons our plants are not always plentiful as we would like them, especially the tortoise friendly ones - lol.

Lin