Deadnettle?

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
eisbrecher

Deadnettle?

Post by eisbrecher » 28 Apr 2018, 19:10

We have just relocated, from the Fylde Coast in Lancashire to Leeds!
Torkoal (the Horsefield Tortoise) was less than impressed and went on hunger strike for 2 days, back to normal now.

Leeds has some good base plants for him, broad & narrow Plantains everywhere and enough Dandelions to fill a cruise ship! (so focusing on giving him the flowers of younger plants, he doesnt get as many flowers as I would like)
Also seen Forsythia, Clover & Williwherb (to be fed in small amounts only)

I think I found some Nipplewort & Hedge Mustard but I will take a picture to confirm before feeding.

I am growing some Sow Thistle, Catsear, Buckshorn Plantain, Hawkbit & Bristly Oxtongue in some flower pots

I did get excited by this very crazy looking plant, growing in huge amounts down near the river, I am 99% sure it is Deadnettle, but I would rather be 100% sure when feeding, as the page on deadnettle mentions it can be confused for a very bad plant.

Also if anyone lives in Leeds and knows anywhere I can pick some good wild flowers let me know :lol: