Sorry a few more!

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
Tina

Sorry a few more!

Post by Tina » 21 Jun 2017, 13:41

Hi Ladies

Here is the flower that was in bud in the first photo i showed you before. If its a no feed i'm a bit concerned as it appears to be a seed from at tortoise friendly seed packet. Have grown some of the seeds in a pot of top soil and they have grown in that too from the same packet of seeds.

Also a couple of other leaved weeds sorry if the pics are pants!

Love Tina xx
Attachments
weed3.JPG
weed2.JPG
weed1.JPG

lin

Re: Sorry a few more!

Post by lin » 21 Jun 2017, 14:03

Hi Tina.
I would still say the white flower is one of the Mayweeds and as the only one that is edible is the Pineapple Weed and I know it isnt that one then I would just discard it.

The Middle one (remember it is better if left in the ground to take pics) is a good feed as its Sow thistle.

And the top one, I cant quite see the leaf shapes but it resembles one of the Chenopodium's and that is a no feed.

With regard to them sprouting up in a tortoise feed pack. It could be possible the seeds have come in from compost or even our birds do like to spread them about. You just have to remove them before they set seed.

Lin

Tina

Post by Tina » 21 Jun 2017, 16:21

Hi Lin
Thanks for your reply.
I took them out as it is hard to take pic when the bed is so crowded! There is so much of this in the bed and as i say its grown in the pots i test planted inside. I think next year i will be more careful what i put in and maybe grow in pots to be on safe side as i dont trust myself knowing if it is the right one i'm feeding!

Lol one of three not bad. Thank you for your help luvvy.

xxx

lin

Post by lin » 21 Jun 2017, 17:26

No problems at all Tina. If you have any doubt then send in more pics.

Lin

Tina

Post by Tina » 23 Jun 2017, 18:22

Good evening

Sorry I have more! I have looked on the database but can't find some of them and there I just want to be sure of.

Thank you xx

Nina

Post by Nina » 23 Jun 2017, 18:41

Just send them along any time and we'll do our best!

Nina