Plant ID please

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
Taxijac

Plant ID please

Post by Taxijac » 18 Mar 2017, 14:22

I was hoping you would be able to help me with some plants which are growing in my garden, but I can't get the photos to upload....any advice please?

Nina

Re: Plant ID please

Post by Nina » 18 Mar 2017, 15:52

Taxijac wrote:
18 Mar 2017, 14:22
I was hoping you would be able to help me with some plants which are growing in my garden, but I can't get the photos to upload....any advice please?
Hi, and so sorry you're having problems. Have you read our guide to re-sizing and uploading photos? If you go to the Guidelines section of this forum, it's the first post in there. If you still can't upload them, then just send them by email to contact@thetortoisetable.org.uk and we'll upload them for you.

Also, there is a post called Plant Questions and IDs in this forum that tells you the sort of photos that make it easier for us to ID a plant -- it really helps us if you can provide the type of photos and information listed there -- but we'll have a go at IDing anything so we're looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Nina

Taxijac

Post by Taxijac » 18 Mar 2017, 17:17

Thank you, I'm just on my way out so will have a look at the resizing info later. I've tried to take the photographs following your guidelines so fingers crossed. Easy enough to take more as they are in my garden anyway

lin

Post by lin » 19 Mar 2017, 00:19

I find it easiest to put a photo onto your desktop and then drag the photo from the desktop and drop it into the same box you type into.
See if that helps any.

Lin

Taxijac wrote:
18 Mar 2017, 17:17
Thank you, I'm just on my way out so will have a look at the resizing info later. I've tried to take the photographs following your guidelines so fingers crossed. Easy enough to take more as they are in my garden anyway

Taxijac

Post by Taxijac » 19 Mar 2017, 10:25

thanks Lin, I've sent the photos by email because I can't find a way to drag and drop on my iPad. I had to send multiple emails because I could only attach one photo at a time :?
Jacquie

Nina

Post by Nina » 19 Mar 2017, 12:04

Thanks for emailing the photos, Jacquie -- they were good and I've sent you emails with IDs for both. And we are going to be looking at our instructions for uploading photos. I've just been informed that the version of this forum that went live last week was slightly different in the area of photo uploading from the one we were looking at the week before, so we'll look at the instructions today and revise them.

Nina