Wilbur says thank you

Use this forum for identification of plants and flowers found in the UK. To allow us to help provide accurate identification we need clear pictures of the whole plant, where it is growing and close up pictures of flowers, buds or seed heads if any available. It would also be useful to see pictures showing the leaf attached to the stem.
Wilburs_mummy

Wilbur says thank you

Post by Wilburs_mummy » 19 Apr 2019, 11:19

Wilbur says thank you for his new and improved mealtimes (although we’ve only had him 5 days so there were only 3 less exciting mealtimes of salad leaves and dandelions). Hoping he will enjoy his dead nettle selection today as much as his cranesbill geranium yesterday. There’s also small amounts of others plants too.

We are off out later near where we found the dead nettles so have packed a few freezer bags to go foraging. There were some unknowns there so will no doubt be posting to ask later (I’ll remember all your tips to make life easier for you).
Attachments
885D45D5-1BDF-4ABA-9896-CBEE3C697B88.jpeg
DD3FBA07-4E7B-4EF2-9E34-8CB002919161.jpeg

Nina

Re: Wilbur says thank you

Post by Nina » 19 Apr 2019, 12:08

He looks very happy! with his plate straight from Tortoise Masterchef: The Professionals! And you have now joined the ranks of the crazy people seen walking up and down verges and country lanes, carrying carrier bags and picking weeds. LOL, if your neighbours and passers by give you funny looks you can refer them to us :lol:

Nina

Wilburs_mummy

Re: Wilbur says thank you

Post by Wilburs_mummy » 19 Apr 2019, 20:28

We totally got a few stares!! The neighbours have already started offering us dandelions from their gardens 😂 although I think one gave me a funny look when I was out photographing a plant from several angles yesterday afternoon 😂