A Special Hermann Male REHOMED

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Elaine

A Special Hermann Male REHOMED

Post by Elaine » 31 Mar 2017, 08:14

Ill health has forced this very sad decision to re-home Romeo.

I am looking for a very special home for this very special boy.

Romeo has not had the best start in life. He was found in a skip. His shell had been painted pink with nail polish (I have over time removed the majority of it). He was then kept in a vivarium without suitable light and UV. Finally before coming to me he was badly attacked by a dog, leaving him with the obvious shell damage. Despite this he is a very active and eager male.

Since i have taken Romeo in I have corrected all of above and he is thriving with the correct care. This MUST be continued! And he would enjoy a sunny garden to roam safely and freely in, weather permitting.

I want Romeo to have another special mum who will continue to have his best interests at heart. perhaps an experienced keeper would be best or a new keeper who would be willing to learn quickly. Romeo needs daily bathes where you can inspect and keep a vigilant eye on his shell.

Romeo had a vet check on 27 March with a reptile vet who commented on how he was a strong character to have come through all of this so well. He has a flaky shell which needs to be kept clean but no other health issues. Romeo has no certificate nor has he been microchipped.

If you feel you could offer Romeo his much needed and deserved forever home please contact me rubyrose@talktalk.net with details of what you could offer and [attachment=4]Romeo 1.jpg[/attachment]pictures
[attachment=3]Romeo 2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]Romeo 3.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Romeo 4.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Romeo 5.jpg
Romeo 5.jpg (115.99 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Romeo 4.jpg
Romeo 4.jpg (150.8 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Romeo 3.jpg
Romeo 3.jpg (183.87 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Romeo 2.jpg
Romeo 2.jpg (175.73 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Romeo 1.jpg
Romeo 1.jpg (158.25 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Elaine on behalf of The Tortoise Table (T.T.T.).

Blobbermoosh

Re: A Special Hermann Male for rehoming Carmarthanshire

Post by Blobbermoosh » 31 Mar 2017, 19:56

I have emailed you. My wife and I are very interested in rehoming a pair.

Many Thanks

Jamie

Elaine

Re: A Special Hermann Male for rehoming Carmarthanshire

Post by Elaine » 31 Mar 2017, 20:53

Hi Jamie,
Carol will reply to your message but I just wanted you to be awear.
If keeping males and females together it should be a ratio of ONE male to three or more females. Still with plenty of room for the females to hide under bushes and grasses etc or else on a one to one it causes way to much stress.
Hth Elaine

Elaine

Re: A Special Hermann Male REHOMED

Post by Elaine » 30 Apr 2017, 20:49

Another fantastic match for this special fellow.
Although a sad goodbye: the future looks like such a happy one for Romeo.

Again many thanks to all our TTT members.
Elaine

lin

Post by lin » 30 Apr 2017, 21:31

Thats great news for both parties. Well done.

Lin

CarolHobson

Post by CarolHobson » 07 May 2017, 17:16

I am so happy that Romeo has his forever home with a wonderful couple who have gone overboard to welcome him into their home. He has his own outdoor enclosure and indoor enclosure and its wonderful for him to have so much more room than I could give him. I miss him dreadfully but happy in the knowledge he is going to be one spoilt torty. Thank you Elaine and everyone on TTT for helping me through this tough time. xx

lin

Post by lin » 07 May 2017, 19:41

Aww. Its marvelous that you to have the strength to be able to make that decision Carol. I know how hard it is as I have been there. We feel much better once we know and accept that someone else can love and care for for our shelled babies as much as we did.
Lin
x