REHOMED this 1 year old Hermann tortoise

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Nitnat74

REHOMED this 1 year old Hermann tortoise

Post by Nitnat74 » 06 Jul 2017, 13:54

Hello,

Due to ill health in our family and an unforeseen change in family circumstances, we have very sadly have come to the decision that we need to find a new 'forever home' for Morel. He is only a baby (approximately 1 year old), so I am hoping he can go to a family who will give him lots of love and the attention that he deserves but we are unable to give him now :-( We are based in East Sussex.

I am not sure whether I post information about him here or whether I private message someone? Also, I'm not sure of the process for re-homing...vetting potential new owners, etc?

Our lives are in a state of chaos at the moment so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Natalie

Nina

Re: Rehoming a 1 year old Hermann tortoise

Post by Nina » 06 Jul 2017, 14:47

Hi Natalie,
I'm so sorry to hear this -- it must be a really stressful time for your family. I've let Elaine know that you've posted about rehoming, and I'm sure she will be on soon with some advice.

Nina

Nitnat74

Post by Nitnat74 » 06 Jul 2017, 15:53

Thank you Nina. Yes....life has certainly taken an unexpected turn :-( I will wait to hear from Elaine x

Elaine

Post by Elaine » 06 Jul 2017, 19:45

Hi Natalie,
So sorry to read about your circumstances at the moment. I most also commend you and your family for making such a hard decision for Morel.

There are many online groups that will allow you to sell with the correct paperwork and micro-chipping depending on size. If you are looking for a forever home with no exchanges of cash then we can help with that.

In the subject heading species and area you are in.
Then all you need to do is post a picture of Morel and perhaps his setup. A little about how Morel has been kept and his diet and health. And most importantly request pictures of any potential setups. He will need to be quarantined if going to join a group so pictures of this are essential too. And any other questions you may want to ask.

You will need to give an e-mail for people to send their details to. If you want me to help or have a read prior to posting feel free to send the information to
elaine@thetortoisetable.org.uk
Elaine on behalf of The Tortoise Table (T.T.T.).

Elaine

Re: REHOMED this 1 year old Hermann tortoise

Post by Elaine » 21 Aug 2017, 14:48

Morel went with a lovely couple to his forever home this weekend.

Such fantastic news,
Elaine
Elaine on behalf of The Tortoise Table (T.T.T.).