Rehoming Advertising Protocol and Disclaimer

Tortoise Groups and individuals may use this section to advertise tortoises in need of rehoming.
Helen

Rehoming Advertising Protocol and Disclaimer

Post by Helen » 30 Mar 2017, 16:20

TTT is happy to help tortoise groups advertise tortoises for rehoming providing that there is No exchange of cash.

This rehoming forum is for information purposes only. No liability exists against The Tortoise Table or any member of The Tortoise Table, nor can they be held responsible for any problems associated with tortoise rehoming as a result of any advertisements posted.

Place all relevant details and pictures here.
Helen

georgina121

Re: Rehoming Advertising Protocol and Disclaimer

Post by georgina121 » 29 Aug 2021, 21:15

Hi

It is with a very heavy heart I am looking to rehome  two tortoises. They are brothers and have the same parents. They are both healthy,  not had any issues and have been well looked after. 

They have always been outdoors and have always been hibernated outdoors.

Name: Georgina 

Tortoise Names: Frank and Stein (Frank n stein) 😀 

Species: Hermann 

Sex: Boys

Existing/previous health issues: None except for one episode of dehydration with one of them but that's it and one night at the vets. Approx 10 years ago

Special rehoming requests: a loving family

One of them is quite independent, the other extra friendly and will always come running over to walk over your feet and request attention. 

Both love a good chin rub 

Used to kids 

They have been my babies and this is very difficult for me to have to do. I would not want to separate them unless had too. 

Due to my health although they are being looked after they are not being given the attention they deserve and have started to receive just the basic care. They deserve more attention and my health is only going to get worse. My husband has tried to give them more attention etc but it's not enough and he will need to only look after me more which will divert attention. 

I hope this is enough information. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Georgina 

Get Outlook for Android
Attachments
20210829_184604.jpg
20210829_184643.jpg

lin

Post by lin » 29 Aug 2021, 22:47

Hi Georgina, what a shame you have to rehome your beautiful babies and I am so sorry to hear your health isn’t as good as it should be.
I do love their names and would you mind if I ask a couple of questions. Are you 100% sure of the sex.
Another thing I would like to ask is would you like to remove your phone number. I don’t like to advertise the fact that people can contact you any time of day or night (not saying they will but I would rather you not be put in a position where you can be.
For people to contact you they would either reply to this message or private message you via this message so it’s ok to not have your phone number here.
We would also ask you for an email address and people can contact you directly through that, if it’s ok with you and I would also place these two chaps on our Facebook page with the details, photos and your email address. I think you have given me most of what we need to make a post.
I do hope we can get these two moved together.
If there is anything else you would like added to the post then please feel free to email me at lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk
A little thought that might make you feel better is that no matter how long we have our tortoises they will always need moving on to someone else’s care. We are only a stop gap during their lives.
Lin
X

georgina121

Post by georgina121 » 30 Aug 2021, 07:03

Hi

Thank you so much for the quick response and I do like your thinking that we are a stop gap in their lives. I think it doesn't help that although I paid for them my parents went and got one for me and came home saying he needs a friend! And so the next day I gave them the money and off they went to get the brother. Both my parents have moved on and I feel like I am losing a small part of them when I rehome Frank and Stein. However, yes they are my babies but they need to start their next chapter.

Yes, they both have had a couple of check ups at the vets just to make sure all was OK and they both passed with flying colours 😀 So I know their shell etc is OK and the vets confirmed they are boys.

Please amend the advert as you see fit. Happy to remove contact details etc but happy for email to remain, please change accordingly to what you think is appropriate.

Happy for them to be posted on Facebook.

Thank you so much for your help in this
Georgina

Terrysmum

Post by Terrysmum » 30 Aug 2021, 11:47

3 year old horsfield tortoise. We were given him as a Herman and vet confirmed this so have followed Herman care guidelines. I asked a question on the care forum and Nina very kindly came back with a very helpful and informative reply. It has made us think that we are really not the right people for him. He has been very healthy but for about the last 3 weeks he has stopped eating and sleeps all of the time. From Nina’s advice we can see he needs a much bigger tortoise table to live indoors but we have a small dog who would be a danger to him if he were exposed. Up until now he has lived in an enclosure on top of a sideboard but Nina is right this is not the best place for him. We would like to find him a new home with someone who is experienced with tortoises and can bring him around and back to eating and climbing etc as he was just weeks ago. When we could get him in the garden he loved it, he spent him time looking for escape routes and could really move fast. We did take him to a vet who was recommended for tortoises, she did blood tests and X-rays and all was good. At the moment I am spoon feeding him Emeraid after a daily soak. He tends to take it every other day.
I think it would be in Terry’s best interest if we found him a more suitable home.

lin

Post by lin » 30 Aug 2021, 12:47

Hi terrysmum
Would you be able to send me a message direct to lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk and we can start the process there if your sure it’s the way you want to go.
Thanks.
Lin

Terrysmum wrote:
> 3 year old horsfield tortoise. We were given him as a Herman and vet
> confirmed this so have followed Herman care guidelines. I asked a question
> on the care forum and Nina very kindly came back with a very helpful and
> informative reply. It has made us think that we are really not the right
> people for him. He has been very healthy but for about the last 3 weeks
> he has stopped eating and sleeps all of the time. From Nina’s advice we
> can see he needs a much bigger tortoise table to live indoors but we have a
> small dog who would be a danger to him if he were exposed. Up until now he
> has lived in an enclosure on top of a sideboard but Nina is right this is
> not the best place for him. We would like to find him a new home with
> someone who is experienced with tortoises and can bring him around and back
> to eating and climbing etc as he was just weeks ago. When we could get him
> in the garden he loved it, he spent him time looking for escape routes and
> could really move fast. We did take him to a vet who was recommended for
> tortoises, she did blood tests and X-rays and all was good. At the moment
> I am spoon feeding him Emeraid after a daily soak. He tends to take it
> every other day.
> I think it would be in Terry’s best interest if we found him a more
> suitable home.

lin

Post by lin » 30 Aug 2021, 12:55

Hi Georgina.
What adorable parents they were and I can totally understand your feelings of the hole that Frank ‘n’ Stein are going to leave.

I will set this up today and get it on the Facebook page, that gets a lot more traffic than the forum here.
Will you be so kind as to send me your email to the lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk address I posted because it will come through to me so it can be used.

Lin

georgina121 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thank you so much for the quick response and I do like your thinking that
> we are a stop gap in their lives. I think it doesn't help that although I
> paid for them my parents went and got one for me and came home saying he
> needs a friend! And so the next day I gave them the money and off they went
> to get the brother. Both my parents have moved on and I feel like I am
> losing a small part of them when I rehome Frank and Stein. However, yes
> they are my babies but they need to start their next chapter.
>
> Yes, they both have had a couple of check ups at the vets just to make sure
> all was OK and they both passed with flying colours 😀 So I know their shell
> etc is OK and the vets confirmed they are boys.
>
> Please amend the advert as you see fit. Happy to remove contact details etc
> but happy for email to remain, please change accordingly to what you think
> is appropriate.
>
> Happy for them to be posted on Facebook.
>
> Thank you so much for your help in this
> Georgina

TheBoris

Post by TheBoris » 19 Nov 2021, 15:33

Hi

I'm unfortunately looking to re-home Boris my Red foot tortoise due to a change in my health. This has meant I've had to halt my relocation which would give Boris and me the space we needed.

Located just outside Manchester in Ashton-under-lyne
Boris appears healthy with no previous health conditions
Around 7 years old
I suspect he is Male
He is friendly and very active but like to nip people's fingers testing if it edible.

Most importantly for his re-homing is he gets the space he requires. He has out grown the largest vivarium I can fit in my current house (or buy from the local reptile store).

Thanks
Chris
Attachments
IMG_0059.jpeg
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg

Nina

Post by Nina » 19 Nov 2021, 18:33

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for posting, and I'm so sorry that you are having to rehome your tortoise -- it must have been a really difficult decision for you.

Boris looks like a lovely tortoise, and we can certainly help you. My colleague Lin can give you the necessary information, and she will put together an ad and post it on our forum and also on our Facebook page. Winter can be a difficult time to rehome a tortoise, but we will do our best for you. Could you possibly email Lin directly? This will be easier than going back and forth on this forum and it will speed things up.
Her email address is lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk

Best wishes,
Nina

TheBoris

Post by TheBoris » 19 Nov 2021, 23:22

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes it is a really tough decision for me and my son but whatever is best for Boris.

I’ll put an email together tomorrow to Lin.

Thanks again
Chris

Loish91

Post by Loish91 » 03 Jun 2023, 13:38

[attachment=0]20230603_133428.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20230603_133436.jpg[/attachment]Horsefield tortoise suspected male
approximately 5 to 6 years old.
Has always lived indoors and never hibernated.
No health issues to date.

Have really put a lot of thought into rehoming him for 6 months or so, moved in a flat with my partner and we just don't have the room to provide him the home he needs as there is also a cat in the flat and due to this currently lives in a guinea pig cage, before that he lived in a vivarium before moving to a table.

based in Glasgow.
Attachments
20230603_133428.jpg
20230603_133436.jpg

lin

Post by lin » 03 Jun 2023, 14:23

Hi Loish?
Thanks for sending the above info and photos but I do need to have some other info as follows and that can be sent to me at lin@thetortoisetable.org.uk.
If you are sure this is what you have to do then I will need some details from you.
As you probably know that no money can change hands then we can help with placing an article on our Facebook page and our website. If you would like to send in a nice photo so we can see the whole body at an angle, and some history, name, age, diet, what you are expecting as a good home, and anything else you can think of, his name and your location, not address, just the area.
We would then put your email address in the thread (I would need that too) so that rehomers contact you directly and you can interview them, asking them whatever you like until you feel comfortable with who you choose to take on your baby. We will always he here if you need to ask us anything or would like any guidelines. Hope that helps, I will wait for your instructions and nothing will be posted live until you have read and confirmed that you’re happy with what is in the text.
Hope that’s ok
Lin