A couple of Snaps from Big Joe

Upload pictures of your tortoises that originate from the North America in this forum and tell us a little about them. Examples include Gopherus, Desert, Texas and Bolson tortoise. Also, do add pictures of North American tortoises that you have seen in the wild.
lin

A couple of Snaps from Big Joe

Post by lin » 24 Jun 2017, 22:56

Well, Snapping Turtles really,and I am sure he will be along to tell you all about them when he has time.

[attachment=0]Big Joe.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Big Joe_8.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Big Joe.jpg
Big Joe_8.jpg

Nina

Re: A couple of Snaps from Big Joe

Post by Nina » 24 Jun 2017, 23:04

Wow - look at those massive legs and head. I'll bet his bite could do a lot of damage - those are amazing turtles.

Nina

Bigjoe

Post by Bigjoe » 27 Jun 2017, 22:38

Hi all ...beautiful female common Snapping Turtle picked up from the road in southern Indiana while on one of our Turtle trips,this time of the year the females leave rivers/ponds to find suitable sites to lay their eggs..unfortunately they wander on to the highways..Turtles and automobiles are not a good mix..fortunately this year we didn't see any road strikes unlike last year when there was so many I can't tell you how upsetting it is...if you ever come across a snapper be very careful if you need to move off the highway..never pick up by the tail and keep your hands underneath the plastron behind the rear legs..they can wipp their heads round real quick if you aren't careful..beautiful Turtle even coverd in all that mud :lol:

lin

Post by lin » 29 Jun 2017, 23:26

She is beautiful Joe, and I can see she had her eye on you all the time.

Lin

erviholt

Post by erviholt » 02 Aug 2019, 10:27

omg she looks so cool!