Introducing Scoot!

Post your pictures and any questions here of European tortoises e.g. Ibera Spur Thigh, Ibera Graeca, Marginated, Hermanns, Kleinmanni and we include the Horsfield tortoise. Also, do add pictures of Mediterranean tortoises you have seen in the wild.
CritterMama

Introducing Scoot!

Post by CritterMama » 04 Sep 2021, 19:47

This is to introduce you to Scoot, my baby Western Hermann's Tortoise. He comes from the Mallorca locale, in the Balearic Islands off the eastern coast of Spain. I got him from Garden State Tortoises (https://www.gardenstatetortoise.com/) here in the States - I can't recommend Chris Leone and his wife Casey enough. They have a wonderful setup and are great to work with.

Anyway, back to Scoot! He hatched the second week of June; he arrived FedEx on August 6. I just love him! Right now he sleeps about 18 hours a day, and when he wakes up, he's h-u-n-g-r-y! He loves clover, turnip and mustard greens, dandelions and dandelion leaves - and let's not forget hibiscus flowers. My dog and I go out every morning to pick fresh greens for him. He's very good at being a baby tortoise, strutting around like he owns the place (which, I guess - he does!)

I've posted some pics - if this thread should go somewhere else, maybe one of the moderators will oblige be and move it. DH designed Scoot's enclosure and it's wonderful! I'll post pics of that too.
Attachments
DSCN3398.JPG
DSCN3379.JPG
DSCN3360.JPG
Critter Mama

One Husband, one Bearded Dragon, one Panther Chameleon, one Labrador Retriever, and now a baby Hermann's Tortoise!

Nina

Re: Introducing Scoot!

Post by Nina » 04 Sep 2021, 22:41

Oh wow, this is so exciting! Scoot is one handsome little tortoise, and it looks like he has found paradise with you and your family. I'm so glad that Chris Leone came up trumps for you (but I knew he would). I hope you passed on our regards.
Can't wait to see the little palace you've created for him!

Nina

dency

Re: Introducing Scoot!

Post by dency » 12 Sep 2022, 02:23

It is so cute and beautiful.