Bathing

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
Stevie

Bathing

Post by Stevie » 25 Jun 2018, 09:46

Morning, hope your all enjoying the lovely weather!
We are going away for 11 nights and will bath torts before we go and as soon as we get back. Question is would they be ok for the time in between without baths? It would literally be 12 days? They would still have access to water and be put outside if it’s nice etc. It’s just the baths they wouldn’t have?
Thank you in advance :)

Nina

Re: Bathing

Post by Nina » 25 Jun 2018, 09:55

They should be absolutely fine, and it sounds like you have everything in hand. As long as they have access to water in their enclosure there should be no problem at all. As it is pretty warm at the moment, will someone be looking in on them to make sure the water is refilled if it evaporates, and also that if the room gets too hot then heat lamp in the enclosure can be moved a bit higher up to prevent temperatures in the enclosure from getting too high? I don't see any problems at all with not having baths for 12 days as long as water is available.

Nina

Stevie

Post by Stevie » 25 Jun 2018, 10:15

Hi Nina,
Yes my mum who lives with me is going to be looking after them, but thought it would be too much to ask to bath them as well as she works a lot. She will have all the windows open when she can and keep an eye on them all the time she is home. Hopefully if it keeps nice then they will be outside a lot of the time which will be good for them!
Thanks for your advice :)

lin

Post by lin » 25 Jun 2018, 10:17

I have to agree and second what Nina is saying.
Go an enjoy your holiday.

Lin