Soaking your tortoise

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
Hedgehog

Soaking your tortoise

Post by Hedgehog » 10 Aug 2022, 18:57

I bathe my year old tortoises,Tufty and Zippy daily in warm water.
A friend told me that I should buy a reptile soaking solution to add to their bath to keep them happy and healthy. Her mother in law has a 70 Yr old tortoise and she swears by it. Not sure what it is called.
Does anyone use it or recommend it? Thanks

Nina

Re: Soaking your tortoise

Post by Nina » 10 Aug 2022, 22:08

Hi Hedgehog,

The only reptile soaking solution that I can think of is Reptoboost. It's very useful if you have a tortoise that is unwell, or is undergoing veterinary treatment, or has had an injury and needs a boost to help it recover, but it's really not necessary at all for healthy tortoises. It won't do a healthy tortoise any harm, but I don't think I'd recommend it as an addition to the bath on a regular basis, as there's no need for it. Here's a link to the information about it on the manufacturer's website: https://www.vetark.co.uk/products/reptile/reptoboost

It's lovely that the lady has a 70 year old tortoise, but if it has a healthy life and a good diet, then I doubt that the soaking in Reptoboost has anything to do with its longevity. I think you're doing just fine bathing Tufty and Zippy daily in warm water, and I'd just stick to that routine.

Nina

Laydi12

Re: Soaking your tortoise

Post by Laydi12 » 23 Apr 2024, 10:48

The online game bitlife Life Simulator can be played by kids on any smartphone or tablet, such as an iPhone, iPad, Samsung, or any other Apple or Android device. What's someone going to do with theirday? At this point, you should think about your life if you haven't already. Because you are going to spend your Bitlife on this game! You'll be a baby whose gender and upbringing are unknown. Pick your career route, your areas of interest, and the way you want to grow. There are a lot of chances in life https://bitlifegame.io