Worm count result

Use this forum to discuss general questions about any aspects of tortoise care.
Tina

Worm count result

Post by Tina » 21 Jun 2017, 20:49

Hello again Ladies

I sent Jonny's poo off to worm count.com and this was the result. I am taking it that he does not have worms? So does not need de worming?

Very quick service i thought and easy to do.

Jonny
19 June 2017
Oxyuridae (Pinworm)
< 20 epg
Angusticaecum (Ascarid)
< 20 epg
Atractis dactyluris (Ascarid)
< 20 epg
Strongyloides (Roundworm)
< 20 epg
Uncinaria (Hookworm)
< 20 epg
Oswaldocruzia (Hookworm)
< 20 epg
Capillaria (Hepatic worm)
< 20 epg
Tapeworm
< 20 epg
Balantidium (Protozoa)
None seen
Nyctotherus (Protozoa)
None seen
Other artifacts
No

Thank you xx

Nina

Re: Worm count result

Post by Nina » 21 Jun 2017, 21:43

Hi Tina,

Well that is excellent news! It certainly does look like he is all clear, so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
How has he been taking the recent hot weather? Mine have been fine for a bit in the morning, then they just hide away until about 5 p.m and come out again for a wander and a nibble. I was thinking the other day that they aren't so easy to please -- too cool and they go for a snooze, too warm and they go for a snooze -- not a bad life, eh?

Nina

Tina

Re: Worm count result

Post by Tina » 22 Jun 2017, 07:06

Hello Nina

Hope you are well and not meting too much!

I glad i read it correctly and yes i'm over the moon he does not have any. One less worry! He has never had them with me but the vet normally does it so i do not see the actual results just yes or no to worms.

He has had us up about 5am ish each morning, stuffs his face for a bit and then its off to bed in the Rosemary bush (great that he is still doing what comes naturally!) sometimes he comes up to the deck in the shade too but never on the other side of the garden that is shade all day. Maybe this would cool him too much? And that's it until morning unless i prod him for a late snack. Yes lovely life lol

Tina xxx