Water bowl

Use this forum to discuss any aspect of tortoise housing and enclosures. Upload and show pictures of your set ups (enclosures).
N0rman

Water bowl

Post by N0rman » 26 Jun 2020, 16:08

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I wanted to share a water bowl idea I had the other day in case it’s helpful to anyone else.

It used to bother me all the time when I just used a standard bowl that as soon as my tortoise would enter it he would fill it with substrate that was stuck to him and the water was always murky.

We were decorating our kitchen at the time and I was using a roller and the plastic tubs you use to get the excess off the roller. I thought I bet this would be great to help the soil drop off Norman before he gets to his water, and it works! I encourage him to go him via the shallower end so most has dropped by the time he get to the deeper part. It’s not perfect but it’s been much better.

Here is a picture......

Take care everyone
Laura
Xx

P.s......it’s a new tub, not a the one I used when painting! Lol!
Attachments
109E956F-5551-46E5-B39F-552E9D1E4E02.jpeg

Nina

Re: Water bowl

Post by Nina » 26 Jun 2020, 16:51

Hi Laura,

Great to hear from you and what a great tip that is! I can see how it would work and I think a lot of people who read this might try it out in their enclosures.

I hope you are staying safe and well too (and not suffering too much in the heat we've been having). They spent months telling us oldies that we had to stay indoors most of the time because of the virus, and just when they relax the rules a bit they're now telling us to stay indoors again to avoid heat stroke! Can't win -- but the tortoises are loving it.

Cheers,
Nina