Feed in Moderation
- Common Name: Cucumber
- Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- Family Name: Curcurbitaceae
A fruit that has little nutritional value as it consists of 96% water. The remaining 4% is made up mainly of dietary fibre, but it does contain some minerals and vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Cucumber can be offered to help with hydration, or prescribed medication can be hidden within it and offered to the tortoise as a tasty treat.
Tortoises easily become addicted to store-bought diets so avoid long term use.